Wednesday 5 March 2008

Ice Hockey

Yesterday evening we went out with Brian and Jasmine again. First we went and got food at Cosmos Cafe in downtown North Carolina. I really liked the place and had a really good steak, as well as some nice beer that I hadn't had before. After that we went and watched the Charlotte Checkers in an Ice Hockey game. I really enjoyed that as I've never been to see a game before. They won 4-3, but more importantly there was a fight. I would've been so disappointed had I gone to an Ice Hockey game and not witnessed some fighting! I really enjoyed the entertainment during the intervals - it seemed like everyone was having a good time.

We have to set off to Florida this morning. It should be something like a seven hour drive, although it'll take longer than that due to stops and stuff. I may go ahead and do some of the driving, although I did get pretty uncomfortable in the car yesterday when we were driving to the mall. It was pissing down with rain, the roads were super busy, and Vanessa was yapping on her phone whilst driving. Put those three things together and I didn't feel so comfortable! It's weird to me that so many people talk on their phone whilst driving as it's illegal in England. I know some people still do it, but I don't (because I'm such a model citizen).

Here are some pictures from our meal, and I added one of Brian's dog, Bailey, to the last post. He's a very cute dog.







4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am guessing this post was made at your destination - good to know you made it one piece, given Vanessa's driving!! lolz Anyways, enjoy yourself, looking forward to stories and pics from your trip!

SadHarry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SadHarry said...

you're letting a girl drive you across America for 7 hours? ZOMGWTFLOLZ
(reposted because i got the acronym wrong...duh)

LuckySOB said...

Hockey, steak, and beer. 3 out of 4 things that make a perfect day.....and no the 4th thing is NOT poker. (may have been in the old days before I was sick of it though)

Glad to see you're having a good time.